Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Handmade Cards for the Win

With summer comes LOTS of important holidays.  My good friend Dustin's birthday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, and my Mom's birthday.  I try to make a special card for all of them (If I can get a free minute).  This year I totally rocked it on the DIY cards using a big spread of crafty supplies: tissue paper, embroidery thread, watercolors & washi tape.  Some of which I even got to deliver in person which was exciting since I don't always see my family on these special days.


Remember that DIY pouf tutorial I did a little bit ago?  Well I thought it would go great inside a card as a tissue paper surprise!


Magic!!


The first card of its kind! (I think, maybe)

Embroidered paper card!  You can get really detailed with it but it can be quite time consuming.


A simple design can be really great too!


This was the card for my mom's birthday present.  I drew a feather with a felt tip pen, cut it out, and then used watercolors to give the feather some pizzaz!


I wrapped the present in some brown craft paper and secured it with neon green washi tape.  Then I tied the card to the present with some hot pink rope.


Close-up shot.


And last but not least a television Father's day card I made with cardstock, felt tip pens, and washi tape. So simple but so fun!  Definitely a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment