Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Whatever Lab

I got commissioned to do another quilted flag by the significant other of one of the people I made the Future Hits flag for! Formerly the Kite Collective, Whatever Lab is the name of a project by a teaching artist that works on facilitating creative projects to draw attention to the senses and the outdoor.

Below is my sketch of the flag and then follow the progress below that! I cut the text out of white jersey and machine stitched the edges. Each shape I cut out, sewed, turned inside out, and top stitched all over the flag filling it in piece by piece. Once the front was done I cut out the top section, layered the front, back, and quilt filling and then sewed it all together with tabs on the back to hang.









No comments:

Post a Comment